Updated January 31st, 2017
Writers who wish to submit to Chicken Soup for the Soul should be aware of deadlines that are approaching.
According to their website:
“If we publish your story or poem, you will be paid $200 ($100 for devotionals) one month after publication of the book and you will receive ten free copies of the book your story or poem appears in. You will also become part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul family, you will receive our exclusive contributors’ communiqué and you will be entitled to buy cases of books from us at a discount.”
The following books have deadlines that are approaching:
- Christmas and Holiday Collection / October 31, 2017
- My Crazy Family! / June 30, 2017
- My Kind (of) America March 31st, 2017
- Positively Happy! / May 31, 2017
- Step Outside Your Comfort Zone / March 31, 2017
- Stories of Redemption / August 31st, 2017
Writers should expect a response within 60 days of the book’s “on sale” date. If you haven’t heard back by that time, they have not selected your story for publication. They have a sort of strange company culture, which discourages negative communication – which is why they don’t send rejection letters.
To learn more, and to submit, visit this page.