As part of our weekly effort to find publishers that pay writers, here is a list of 7 magazines that pay writers $250 per article. Plus, we’re giving away our latest eBook. Download it here.
Included is a variety of magazines, but if you’re looking for even more opportunities, be sure to sign up for our free email newsletter. Just fill out the form on the bottom of the page.
Also, if you’re ready to launch your writing career, be sure to read our latest eBook.
1. Outback is a magazine that covers the remote parts of Australia, it’s geography, people, and culture. They cover “Station owners, jackaroos, stockmen, travel and hospitality operators, pilots, doctors, miners, fishermen.” They pay $350 AUD per page. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
2. Cascade Journal is a regional magazine that covers Central Oregon’s lifestyle, for both tourists and locals. They are published quarterly. They pay 30 cents per word. To learn more, read their submission guidelines
3. Alaska Airlines Magazine is the monthly in-flight magazine for Alaska Airlines. They are 75 percent written by freelance writers. They have a helpful editorial calendar on their website. They pay between $150 and $700. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
4. Midwest Living is a regional magazine covering the 12 states of the Midwest U.S. They have a circulation of 925,000, and reports indicate they pay $1.25 a word. To learn more, read this interview with their editor, and their submission guidelines.
5. The Establishment is a multimedia site run and funded by Women. They seek to unearth overlooked stories, produce original reporting, and provide a platform for voices that have been marginalized by the mainstream media. They pay $125 for features and essays, and $500 for select long-form investigative pieces. To learn more, read their submission guidelines
6. Nevada Magazine is Nevada’s official tourism magazine. They cover news, photography, destinations, travel, events, history, and more in the state. They pay up to $250 for articles. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
7. Lake Superior magazine is a bimonthly magazine for the Lake Superior region, covering the history, events, lifestyles, environment, and tourism destations in the region. They have a strong focus on photography. They pay up to $400 for feature articles. To learn more, read their submission guidelines.
Have you recently been published? Report a payment on Litworth.